MASSERIA DEI MONACI - SALENTO

by - settembre 01, 2018





Masseria dei Monaci is born from a house of historical and cultural importance. It is located a few hundred meters from the famous Lake of Bauxite, a few kilometers from Otranto and a stone's throw from a clear and pristine sea and wild beaches dominated by sand dunes that make them more suggestive than Salento. The Masseria is surrounded by olive and palm trees, the context is the naturalistic one in which we are immersed since the arrival. to underline the excellence of this farm, in addition to the landscape, are the hospitality and the atmosphere of the place. The atmosphere is that of an elegant building dating back to the Ottoman Turks, with its glorious past, the farm is made up of a stone horseshoe building, which also accompanies the furnishings with attention to the smallest details. The choice of objects of the Salento culture highlights the strong link with the territory.



Guests have at their disposal 13 rooms, each of which is on two floors, on the ground floor the living area and on the first floor the mezzanine sleeping area. The rooms are minimal, with shades of white and beige, and each room summarizes in detail the architecture and the atmosphere not only of the Masseria, but also of this land of Salento, of conquest and of great cultural influences. The rooms are divided into Classic Room, Superior Room with direct access to the garden and the Junior Suite, located in the oldest part of the farm, where there are exposed stone vaults. Every morning in the restaurant, there is a delicious breakfast, cakes, pies, fresh fruit and especially many sweets of the area. Since the morning, guests have the opportunity to "savor" the Salento tasting tasty pasticciotti.




I stayed a week in the Masseria dei Monaci, I had a great time, a week in total relaxation, thanks to the quiet location and hospitality that was given to me, the only noise I felt was the wind between the palms and the cicadas. I stayed in the Superior Room, I had the garden at my disposal and I used it a lot, listening to music and sunbathing on comfortable deckchairs. For the moment there is no pool, but I'll tell you a secret ... soon surely the guests of the farm will be able to enjoy a pool and more! As for breakfast instead, unfortunately due to my intolerances I could not taste the freshly baked cakes that were presented to me under my nose every morning ... I have barely broken once, I tasted the cake pasticciotto ... ve li advice are amazing!



















You May Also Like

0 commenti

Pagine